This game is an entry to Trijam #37: Left is Right. I wanted to use this game jam to test my own game engine. Originally I wanted to make a classic "controls are inverted" game. But my game engine can not invert the controls (intentionally), so instead I invert the surrounding world.
Reach the top tile by moving up/down and shifting the tiles left and right of you.
Move using the arrow keys or use WASD. Use ESC to reset the game.
Moving Left and Right
- If you press left or right, it first moves and then swaps both the left and the right tiles with each other.
- If you can not move, then the turn will just be ignored.
- The downward Arrow (its called a "Bumper" in the source code) swaps the current row with the lowest one.
- Once the bumper is activated, it will be removed
- To add some frustration to the game, a new bumper gets added every time you move to the left or right.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.